Sunday, November 16, 2008

1st post

So this is my very first post!

A little about me.......
I have never blogged before, but I have been enjoying the blogs of other healthy people. It all started with Roni from Roni's Weigh. I discovered her blog by doing a Google search of Weight Watchers, it came up... I read her profile... she was an inspiration....and I have now become a Lifetime WeightWatcher member as of last Wednesday! I lost 27.6 lbs healthfully in 15 weeks. I did it by using the tools that WW taught, it's a great program! I was also inspired by a couple of my co-workers, one of which who has been lifetime and has kept the weight off for 5 years. Another one who is currently almost to Lifetime status.

I have tried many times to loose weight, but Weight Watchers is great because it makes me be accountable for what I eat. When I started, the motivation was to loose weight to prove to the husband that I could do it and that the gym membership was not a waste and that joining Weight Watchers was not a waste of money. I had the mindset that I could do it if I had the right tools, and Weight Watchers gave me those tools! It was pretty easy to implement them in the beginning because I was so motivated. I wanted to prove to the husband and to myself that I could make a goal and choose to stick to it. I started to see results pretty quickly, lost 4 lbs the first week alone! Then it became a steady average of about 2 lbs per week. What is so cool is that where I work I have many patients that see me on a regular basis for follow-ups and treatment, even they have started noticing! It is so encouraging to hear "Wow, you look great! Have you been loosing weight?" at least 1 time a day I hear this - it is soooo cool.
So that is my "testimony" I guess. As far as the details of what exactly it is that I do:
I started by doing the FLEX program that WW talks about but I have kind of adopted the CORE program. I joined the meetings and I use the online tools. This has been extremely helpful, the website has an amazing wealth of information and the message boards are fun to read. The actual meetings are wonderful, my leader is very encouraging and motivational, plus I have met a lot of cool people. I reached my 10% goal on 9/10 and WW goal on 10/1, and Lifetime on 11/12. This is a big goal b/c if you are "lifetime" you don't have to pay for meetings, I am going to keep the online tools for a while because it is very helpful. My personal goal is to reach 130, I don't remember when I was ever that weight and am curious to see what I look like there.

I am going to try to take pics of all the food I eat, so here is my very 1st picure of Tribe hummus both regular and roasted red pepper, with baby carrots.... so good!

I have enjoyed many other blogs as well, as soon as I figure it out I will have what I think is called a blogroll and list my faves, I can say that the ones I read the most is Roni's on Roni's Weigh , Kath of Kath Eats Real Food and Jenna's on Eat, Live, Run. So gals, if you read this you will soon see your sights on my sidebar!

Well it's time to get to bed!


Becci

No comments: